Serves 4 to 5
- 11/2 lbs. striped bass fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 21/2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
Lightly grease a baking dish or pan.
Place chopped onions and wine in pan.
Place fish on top and dot with small pats of remaining margarine.
Bake at 425 for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Baste once or twice with pan juice.
While fish is baking, combine remaining lemon juice, water, mushrooms, parsley, garlic, marjoram, thyme and cayenne in small saucepan.
Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
When fish is done, add pan juice and continue cooking until sauce is thick and bubbly.
Pour over fish.